Guidelines on the submission of photos
1. Please email all photos as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. In your email, please include your return email address, so that I can acknowledge your submission, or inform you if the submission is not suitable for posting. I acknowledge all submissions, whether or not they are published.
3. If you do not wish to be identified by your own name, please include a nickname or pseudonym for me to use. If I do not get any indication of how you want to be addressed as a contributor, I shall use your initials or the most appropriate description available.
4. All photos must be clear enough to identify the offending vehicle, including the number plate. If you are unable to get the number plate in the picture, I would recommend taking more photos at different angles so that you can get the number plate in at least one of the photos. Submissions where the photos are unable to identify the vehicle, usually get rejected. Only some get published on a case by case basis - and must still include the car plate number. If you can't identify them, there's not much point in publishing them, is there?
5. All photos must clearly depict idiotic parking. What is idiotic parking?
- Any vehicle parking in a lot designated for something else - eg. cars/trucks parking on motorcyle lots, motorcycles parking on car lots, etc.
- Unauthorised parking on disability parking spaces.
- Vertical parking on horizontal lots and vice versa.
- Parking on more than 1 lot; parking over the boundary of a designated lot.
- Inconsiderate parking; blocking other traffic or pedestrians; parking onto the roads.
- Other such silly parking, not already mentioned.
6. Idiotic Parking does not necessarily mean illegal parking. We are not too concerned about purely illegal parking, as the authorities in Singapore are very capable of meting out justice to such drivers. However, where idiotic parking coincides with illegal parking, by all means, please submit your photos.
7. If you can provide a short description about the idiotic parking, this may be incorporated in my posting as deemed appropriate.
8. If you have photos on your mobile phone that you wish to SMS/MMS, please upload to a website like www.moblog.com.sg, which accepts SMS/MMS uploads, and then send me the link to the uploaded photo, with the various descriptions as required above. I am unable to receive SMS/MMS directly for now.
9. If you have a video clip, please upload to a video hosting site like youtube.com, and send me the link, with the various descriptions as required above.
10. Please assist to place a Parking Idiot flyer (you can download and print them from the links provided on the right margin of the blog) on the offending car. If you can include a picture of the flyer on the car, this will be most welcome. We want to let the idiot driver know that he's been caught on camera, and want him to come on to the blog and see and experience the shame of notoriety - so that he'll hopefully learn from his mistake.
11. Photos will be published on a first come, first served basis. Due to various reasons, publishing of photos may not be immediately upon receipt of the submission. Please be patient and watch the blog for updates. I shall definately inform you if your photo is published, or not (provided the return email address you give is valid).
12. If you have any further queries about photo submission, please email to me at email@example.com, and I'll try my best to assist.