Friday, March 31, 2006

Month-End Review

This has been an exciting month! I started a blog out of frustration, put up some photos of fools parking, let it be known at a few online car-forums, and waited for response.

And, my god, I have been overwhelmed with the response. I feel vindicated! I am not alone - so many other people feel as I do - people who park inconsiderately should be taken to task!! And tremendous support from most of the readers! Of course, there are the odd one or two who disagree with it (I wonder if their cars had been featured!)

The media has picked up on the blog, with a famous blogger, Mr Miyagi, writing an article about it (article on Today paper 29 March 2006: "Vigilante justice, blogger-style" (http://www.todayonline.com/articles/109641.asp)). Thanks for the publicity Mr. Miyagi. Hope Johnny has zhnged your car nicely! Please park properly, ok? You don't want to be caught on camera!

I guess the signal is strong - if you park inconsiderately, beware! Almost everyone in Singapore owns a camera phone or a digicam. And it is the matter of seconds to whip it out and take a photo. If the photograper is annoyed enough, he or she will take the trouble to email that photo to me. Once I receive a photo, and if I concur that the photo indeed shows inconsiderate parking - instant fame for the idiot who parked inconsiderately! At the time of writing this post - there are 52 vehicles featured for their inconsiderate parking.

To borrow a line from Candid Camera: "Don't be surprised, if someone, someday, turns to you and says "Hey, isn't that your car shown on the Parking Idiots blog??" So my advice to all the drivers out there: "Please be considerate, and park properly. We should not need any more courtesy campaigns to teach drivers how to park."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff for a successful blog, but sharper comments plz? after all, there are only so many ways you can become a parking idiot. might as well make it worth the humiliation.

Anonymous said...

Juz to say thanks for setting up the website and posting the pictures. How I wished the pic of the merc I sent U has its number plate shown ! Anyway, great job and hope you won't be overwhelmed with maintaining this blog !

Parking Idiot said...

Just email them to parkingidiot@cooltoad.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I can see parking idiot has struck a raw nerve with some of the drivers featured. Looking around the comments you can see a few respondents (most probably drivers featured who are more IT savvy) making a lame attempt lambasting others.
So keep up the good work and humiliate them big time.

Mockingbird said...

Kudos to all drivers who bother to park properly :D

Parking Idiot said...

tezza,

I actually received a few emails as well - some with obscenities - that derided the blog. Pathetic!

Anonymous said...

just curious ... has any of your "fan" email actually specifically asked u to remove a particular picture?

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» » »