Thursday, April 13, 2006

Century Mark!

100 photos! The previous post shows the 100th Parking Idiot Photo on this blog! That is a milestone! Though, not really of good tidings, as it means there are at least a hundred idiots out there who are challenged in parking skills.

I have received much feedback through emails, the comments sections of the blog and also from the various car forums. I have implemented some of the suggestions which I concurred were a good idea, such as displaying the number plates, having Parking Idiot labels for people to print and stick on the cars, sieving out the marginal idiotic photos and only display the ones who cross the line, etc.

There are many supporters of this blog, judging from the many contributions that I have received and the various supportive feedback. And some detractors - who either feel I am being petty doing this, or that some of the photos posted are not really that bad (perhaps their cars were featured and they are feeling sore about it!! ha! ha!)

There was a suggestion to inform the authorities to visit this blog to get evidence to fine the illegal parkers. Heh! Heh! I thought that was a rather good idea, and I have written in to TP, HDB and URA to let them know. So far, TP have replied and thanked me for the suggestion (though I am not sure whether they will actually use the photos - but, we can always hope!)

A couple of readers had asked the HDB if such photos displayed on the blog were submissible as evidence, and were informed that it was possible, but if the offender were to contest the charge, the complainant had to be prepared to testify in court. Well, I hope the readers will do the right thing and not be afraid to carry out their civic responsibilities. The HDB officer concerned had also visited the blog, and had been impressed with the blog!

There was a suggestion to list the authorities hotlines to call when we witness illegal parking. I have implemented that as well:
Traffic Police Hotline: 1800 547 1818
HDB Carpark Hotline: 1800 272 1409
URA Carpark Hotline: 6329 3434

I have also displayed these numbers on the right side bar for easy reference.

Finally, there was also a request for a less wordy Parking Idiot label that may have greater impact. I have prepared one, based on the previous design by Parking Idiot Fan. Hope you find this useful:

It is also found under the Parking Idiot Labels link on the right side bar (Label 3).

So, let's get out there, stick these labels on and catch these idiots on camera!!

24 comments:

khimsiu said...

I email the pictures to TP and they promised to look at them. So keep their lines busy and email account full:

Enquiries and feedback on traffic matters:
Traffic Police Department
Tel : 6 547 0000
Fax : 6 547 4900
Email : spf_feedback_tp@spf.gov.sg

On HDB carpark matters hdbcarparks@hdb.gov.sg

Outside HDB estates, URA
ura_cpd_reg@ura.gov.sg

Anonymous said...

Nice new label. Short & sweet. But can i suggest another thing? The part where it says "I'm a parking idiot"

can we have the wording in red instead of the background being red & the wording in white?

Some inkjet printers uses alot of ink on solid block of red like this. By changing it we don't need to waste so much ink on the idiot. =)

Parking Idiot said...

ok.. we are please to oblige... for the ink conscious - there is a Ink-Saving Parking Idiot Label as well : Label 4

Anonymous said...

"or that some of the photos posted are not really that bad (perhaps their cars were featured and they are feeling sore about it!! ha! ha!)
"

You're not being petty posting photos of inconsiderate parking, but you're being petty by not accepting criticism that some of the photos posted are situations where it can be ambiguous, tolerated, or just plain unfair to the drivers involved.

And no, in case you jump into conclusion again, my Nissan MPV isn't featured in your blog.

Be responsible, be fair.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's been a funny route all the way and i support your blog.

Whether the photos are ambiguous, they're pretty clear for most to see. Keep up the good work and looking forward to more shots (and none of my car..) haha!

Anonymous said...

firstly, do u have license? secondly, do u drive or own a vehicle?
thirdly, it seems that u juz try to post any pic juz to clock number of pics? i think u should really consider some of the pics u put up.

Anonymous said...

ignore the nonsence & it keep it up. You;ve done a GOOD JOB!.Support you all the way .

Anonymous said...

ignore irresponsible comments, shared to realise other mistake,
keep up the good work, lots DigCam supporting YOU. Pi all the way ;p

Anonymous said...

ignore irresponsible comments, shared to realise other mistake,
keep up the good work, lots DigCam supporting YOU. Pi all the way ;p

Anonymous said...

>>>firstly, do u have license? secondly, do u drive or own a vehicle?
thirdly, it seems that u juz try to post any pic juz to clock number of pics? i think u should really consider some of the pics u put up.

>>license? for hosting or driving? = my P2 boys can operate a digicam, look at the pic he takes, but i photoshop it.

>>drive or own 1? = really sad that all mistakes made by licensed drivers.

>>any pic? = Pi QC the pic, i know.

Anonymous said...

congratulation on your 100th PI caught on camera, I just stumbled upon your site via vogs.net, at first i viewed some of the photographs and had this in mind, is this site dedicated to ghost mischieves (esp foto no. 90)?
But none the less, i too sometimes parks like that, but i still continues to ridicule those awful "parkers".
So all you parkers be careful, there is a new sheriff in town!

-armnc

Parking Idiot said...

I welcome all comments - fair or unfair, nice or harsh... please do feel free to submit your comments. All views are respected. Of course, similarly, I reserve the right to rebut to any comments I choose to.

Actually, what would be most interesting would be for any driver whose car is featured to post a comment to defend yourself - give a good reason why you chose to park like that, and why you think you should not be considered an Idiot Parker.

Keeping quiet, I would take as an admission of guilt.

In this blog, if your car is posted, I would consider as guilty until proven innocent. Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Just wanna say this is a great site n a good job u have done here. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

dear owner of this site, im glad ur open to comments...some of the pics indeed earn their place here while for some, we should let the audience give their criticism.

Anonymous said...

I read about what some of the criticisms levelled at this blog. Some think Parking Idiot are just plain bo liao, petty, intolerant etc..

I have contriubted 2 photos myself to the blog and is proud to be assoicated with this blog even if many of my friends dun share my views and opinions.

I would like to comment on the possibility of using the photos here as submissible evidences. If the charges are contested, am I prepare to testify in court (even I was the one who took the photo)??

The simple answer is NO cos it is one thing for me to send the photos I take to this blog but quite another for me to take the time, effort and cost to testify in court over a parking offence.

Parking Idiots and people who parked illegally are irritaing as hell; but not worth my time and effort to testify against.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally all for this site... I've been pissed off with other inconsiderate parkers...

But at times, I've also been in situation where I'm forced to park out of box or diagonally because the next car has done so... Just food for thoughts, what if someone takes a picture of my car, after the culprit has left?

Anonymous said...

Love your site. I'll like to put in a suggestion though...

When I saw the "Parking Idiot" labels, I was inspired and my evil mind wanted me to print one out, and attach the label to a parking idiot's car with epoxy sealent - not good at all.

I suggest that you could put a notice up to tell people who use the parking idiot labels to use them responsibly; without damaging property. Maybe get your legal counsel to think something up?

Cheers

Parking Idiot said...

hmm.. a disclaimer .. that's a good idea... thanks for the suggestion

Anonymous said...

Hi,Im very interested to help and do my part.but i dont have printer to print out the parking stuff..Plspls pls can email me at sarahrykel@hotmail.com maybe you can send to me through mail ..I want to have them ..cos ive seen a lot of idiots cos i riding..Thanks

Anonymous said...

Bloody Good idea!! I'll make some cut outs of the sign and leave it on the cars ... of course after taking a photo and posting it here!

Oh by the way ... ignore posts like this - "firstly, do u have license? secondly, do u drive or own a vehicle?
thirdly, it seems that u juz try to post any pic juz to clock number of pics? i think u should really consider some of the pics u put up. "

He is probably one of the idiots.

Anonymous said...

Seriously I wonder how they got their license?Anyway there is some shops who can do stickers,I know of 1 bikeshop but unsure of the price.I think stickers will not spoil a car paintwork if its just temporary,if prolong there will be a colour diff on the paintwork.Anyone up for it?Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

If you are worried about damaging their vehicles,then I have another suggestion.Why dont you stick the stickers on the side mirrors or any mirrors for that matter and not on the body instead...it can be peeled off anyway..

Anyway to the idiot who asked "Do you have a license?"

Yes some of us do,I have both bike and car.But it doesnt give me the right to park like an IDIOT!!Its not a privilege to have a license but a big responsibility.

Anonymous said...

No need to be malicious - no need to stick stickers. Just place the printed paper under the idiot's windscreen wiper and take the photo. The only pasting should be in here!

Anonymous said...

well done!